Tuesday 3 January 2017

P5 - Sound elements

Following the audio script:

Whilst recording and editing my podcast I tried to remain as loyal as possible to the original audio script. However one of the main changes I made was to change who was speaking at the beginning of the podcast. Originally I had intended to use an audio clip from BBC or another news organisation which talks about the confirmation of the vote results. In the end I decided to change it so that Nigel Farage. I also decided to remove other news commentary sound clips from the middle of the edit, as I believed it would confuse the narrative. Instead following the initial beginning audio clip, the rest of the podcast is simply the interviewee answering questions.

Equipment:

I used my own personal headphones and a college provided mic system to record the interview. I also used my phone as a recording device in case something were to go wrong with the mic recording. I used my headphones to listen to the audio as I recorded the interview, and I made sure to keep the mic at a distance to avoid audio peaking and to make sure both voices were level.





File and editing screenshots:

Below are screenshots of the editing process and the filing system which I used whilst putting this project together. I used Adobe Audition to put the podcast together in a multi track session, I also stored all the media such as photos of the set, the interview audio and the script PDF in a single folder.



No comments:

Post a Comment